It was so hard to come up with a name for this recipe because it literally has all the good stuff about it! Mint, cacao nibs, chlorophyll, coconut, protein bites that are completely gluten-free, grain-free, paleo AND vegan! That’s right…No flour. No refined sugars. No food coloring. No dairy. Just good ol’, delicious tasting, healthy cookies. Here we go!
Total Time: 20 Mins
Prep Time: 5 mins; Cook time: 15 Mins
This combination of flavors creates the perfect balance between fresh and minty, chocolate indulgence, healthy fats, and just a hint of sweetness. And the texture is chewy just like a soft baked cookie!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter (If you don’t have coconut butter go ahead and blend the fine coconut flakes until they turn creamy in texture)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract or a few drops of peppermint essential oil (to taste)**
- 8 drop of liquid chlorophyll
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour (make these protein cookies by adding 4 tablespoons of protein powder instead)
- 2 cups coconut flakes (fine and unsweetened preferably)
- Place coconut flakes and coconut flour in a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Add in peppermint oil, chlorophyll, coconut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and cacao nibs.
- Once mixed together, consistency should be able to press onto a baking sheet to create cookie shapes. We used hearts!
- Place cookies on a baking sheet under parchment paper.
- Bake at 300F for 15 minutes. Edges of cookies will start to brown lightly when ready.
The best gluten-free, paleo, vegan mint cacao-chip coconut (protein) cookie bites EVER! We love these so much 😀
**Please note: There is modest controversy around the safety of ingesting essential oils. Please use at your own risk and only use in this recipe if you feel safe and comfortable doing so. You can read more about ingesting essential oils here.
The #1 Superfood Discovery Box. Try Rosehive Superfoods.