Between this month’s energy forecast, Mercury in retrograde, and today’s total solar eclipse, there’s an abundance of natural energy forces at work. Even though solar eclipses happen every 18 months, today’s solar eclipse is the first that’s visible in the US since 1979.
What is a solar eclipse? It occurs when the sun, moon, and Earth all align perfectly, with the moon in the middle, blocking out the sun’s light completely.
Eclipses were once a sign that something bad was going to happen, though those ancient astrology predications are in the past. Today’s astrologists say eclipses can be a way to do some life cleanup, releasing things that you don’t need.
Inspired by today’s solar eclipse, we’ve put together a smoothie recipe that will help you release the things you don’t need and fill your body with the nutrients you do. Activated charcoal is known to bind to toxins in your body and help see their way out of through your digestion process. Frozen cauliflower doesn’t change the taste at all, but makes your smoothie thick and creamy and gives you an extra punch of veggies. Adaptogenic herbs like ashwaganda will help you navigate the stress of upleveling and changing. Enjoy!
The Sun and The Moon Smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1/4 cup coconut probiotic yogurt
- 1 frozen banana
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 scoop vital collagens beauty greens
- 1 teaspoon activated charcoal
- 1 teaspoon ashwaganda powder
- Coconut Water
- Add all ingredients to blender and 1 and a half cups of coconut water, then blend until smooth. Continue adding coconut water until you reach desired consistency.
- Pour into a cup of your choice and top with chia seeds and bee pollen into the shape of a quarter moon.